Islamic marriage contracts are offered at the Prayer Center by appointment only.
- Marriage license from Cook County court. (Please notify us beforehand if you live outside Cook County.)
- Both groom and bride must bring a valid photo identification card like passport, driver license, ID card.
- Bride must be accompanied by her father or guardian.
- There must be two Muslim male witnesses to sign on the contract.
- An amount of dowry (Mahr) between the two families must be agreed prior to the marriage ceremony.
- The Islamic ceremony cannot be conducted on the same day the marriage license is obtained from the court. By law, 24 hours must pass before conducting the marriage ceremony.
- There is no fee for the Islamic marriage ceremony but donations are graciously welcomed.
Islamic divorce contracts are offered at the Prayer Center per appointment only.
- Divorce papers finalized from the civil court.
- The presence of the husband to sign divorce papers. In rare cases phone calls instead of in-person appearance will suffice.
- The wife must communicate details of the delayed amount of dowry with the Imam, in-person or per phone communication.
- There are no fees required for the Islamic divorce but donations are graciously welcomed.
Counseling sessions are available at the Prayer Center by appointment.
- Social, family, grief, and marital counseling sessions only.
- Religious counseling only. We do not offer professional counseling at this time.
- In most cases counseling shall be limited to three sessions only.
First, start by choosing a cemetary destination.
Next, arrange for pre-burial processes. This includes:
• Ghusl (the ritual body bathing)
• Kafan (dressing)
• Janaza Prayer (Islamic Funeral prayer)
1- Greenwood memorial park
4300 Imperial Avenue
San Diego, CA 92113
2-The Islamic Center of San Diego has acquired a new Islamic burial ground called:
at La Vista Memorial Park
3191 Orange Street
National City, CA 91950